Vault 3 FAQ: How to Import Vault Files into Vault 3
You can easily convert your Vault files to Vault 3 files:
- Run Vault and open the file you want to convert to Vault 3 format:
- Select Options / Settings, go to the Misc tab and make sure the "Number outline items in printouts, e-mails, and exports" check box is cleared.
- Select Outline / Collapse All:
- Select all outline items:
- Select File / Export:
- Specify the export filename and specify XML Files (*.xml) as the type.
- Press the save button.
- Go to Vault 3 and select File / Import Vault or The Photo Program XML File:
- Navigate to the file you exported from Vault and click Open:
- Expand the outline item by clicking the +:
- Select all items except for the first:
- Select Outline / Unindent:
- Select the first outline item. Then select Outline / Remove: